Again something that smells of the sea. I luuuuuuuv the sea, just don’t get to see it too often, unfortunately. This starter a nice way to begin an asian-style dinner. Let’s say a thai dinner (of course interpreted by an European); you might want to serve a nice green thai curry afterwards, or a red curry, I just happened to say green because it’s my favourite thai curry (and I have my curry dealer nearby, thank God).
- rice noodles
- zest and juice of a lime
- salt & pepper
- sesame oil
- fish and soy sauce
- first of all you need to marinate the scallops. I just put them in a closable plastic bag (those ok the jellow&blue Sweedish giant for instance) and add a little bit of fish sauce and the same amount of soy sauce and for two about 2 teaspoons of sesame oil;
- you cook the rice noodles (or soy noodles as well) according to the instructions on the packet, i.e. you put them in a bowl and pour some boiling water on them and let them rest;
- then rince them under cold water and put them into another bowl and pour the juice of the lime and 2 other teaspoons of sesame oil (and that’s it with the oil) some more fish and soy sauce as well;
- deseed a tomato and chop very finely, add a finely chopped chilli, the cucumber cut into ribbons (stopping to cut once you get to the seedy part);
- add the finely chopped mango and the coriander;
- grill the scallops in a pan;
- mix all the other ingredients with the noodles, season to taste, serve and add the scallops on top.