Yeah! Finally we had roll-your-own sushi again (I think we eat it far too rarely)! I really really like sushi, especially with salmon. Tuna is also very good, but we don’t get yellow-fin tuna anymore (overfished) and the new quality doesn’t taste as good… Anyway. Back to what I was saying. I wanted to have a micronibble before sushi and at the supermarket there were shrimps on offer (loveshrimps) and so here a very quick one (if you don’t consider the marinating time…….).
- cooked shrimps
- fish sauce
- chop the garlic and the ginger very finely;
- add the chopped and deseeded chilli (for more hotness, leave the seeds);
- mix in a bowl with the juice of a lime, fish sauce and a little bit of sugar;
- leave to marinate for 1 our (but 30 mins will also do);
- serve on a spoon with some iceberg salad leaves.