Rösti is one of my favourite dishes. It’s done with either raw or cooked potatoes (ones with a high content in starch) and can be served with anything, from rustic to classy (yes, why not?). I think it’s also a wonderful little nibble, provided you keep it small enough to be just bitesize.
- lemon zest & juice
- olive oil
- peel the potatoes and grate them very finely;
- squeeze all the juice out of the potatoes and put them in a bowl;
- season and add chopped chilli and rosemary;
- form little rounds of potato mixture in a pan with olive oil and a nob of butter;
- cook them flipping them around from time to time and press them down to flatten them;
- separately marinate the shrimps in lemon zest and juice, black pepper and a chrushed clove of garlic;
- cook them in a pan with a little bit of oil;
- serve them on the röstini sprinkling them with a little bit of coarse salt.