Yeah! Let’s get back to the 70’s…. I remember, when I was little we had them only on very big occasion, such as Christmas and so… and now these little nibbles are left aside, are considered boring and.. so “been there, done that”. But why? You can still serve it, maybe by adding a little twist, and there you are, you have something new. Well. A possible new combination because after the world has been cooking for millennia, there is veeeeeeeeeeeery little new and what one can aim to is to have a new combination or a new way to present it (the eye… ).
- smoked salmon
- dark bread
- spring onion
- salted capers
- crème fraîche
- lemon zest
- cut out the bread and toast it;
- in a bowl put a couple of soup spoons of crème fraîche, along with salted capers (that you washed under cold water) and lemon zest;
- cut the green of the spring onions into 5cm long sticks and make thin strips out of them;
- put them into cold water;
- spread the cream on the bread, add two thin strips of spring onion, put the smoked salmon on top;
- put a little bit of sauce on it.