This is a fairly new combination for me. I didn’t know red lentils until a couple of years ago, when I tried them in a take away meal near work. And… WOW! They taste really good (OMG, really addicted to food). I’ve seen a similar recipe on the packet of lentils I bought to try them at home and added a few things here and there, and here it is, a warm lentils salad. A very nice starter in an Asian-wanna-be menu.
- red lentils
- cocoa milk
- curry powder
- spring onion
- fish sauce
- lime juice
- first cook the lentils in a little bit of water;
- then add the cocoa milk, the curry powder and a little bit of cumin;
- add the spring onions and the chopped chillies;
- add the sugar, the fish sauce and the lime juice;
- just before serving add the shrimps to warm them up and the coriander.