Now that I made clear that I cannot be without seafood I’d like to show you all (who are you? is anybody reading my blog AT ALL?) another rather quick dish that can be served as a starter or even as a main dish, depending on how many mussels you serve. One of the best things about it it’s that you can eat the sauce with baguette and it’s looooovely ;-). But enough said. On to the serious matters. Öhm, the recipe, I mean.
- fresh mussels
- canned tomatoes (pelati)
- white wine
- flat leave parsley
- olive oil
- wash and debarb the mussels under fresh running water;
- tap on the open mussels, if they close you can keep them, if not discard them;
- heat a pan with a little bit of oil, add a clove or two of garlic leaving them whole (so you can take them out later, if you don’t like the idea of biting on it while eating the mussels);
- add the mussels and let them open;
- add the white wine and the chopped canned tomatoes;
- leave it to reduce a little bit;
- season to taste and add the chopped flat leave parsley;
- serve in a large bowl with some baguette.