Walking by the farmhouse I saw that there still were some pumpkins, the last ones. One especialli caught my eye, all alone, there in the cold… I took it home with me. With the one half I prepared pumpkin gnocchi (someday on the blog, not today) and with the other one a pumpkin mousse. In two version, the first one didn’t work very well… well, it would have if I used more gelatine and left it longer in the fridge to thicken up. The day after I almost had a solid block of pumpkin mousse and so I used it to make this little nibble (nothings gets thrown away).
- vegetable broth
- cut the pumpkin into chuncks and put it in a pot with vegetable broth;
- soak the gelatine in cold water;
- as soon as the pumpkin is ready, drain it but keep the broth;
- in the blender put the pumkin, the gelatine dissolved in a little bit of broth, salt&pepper and blizz;
- if necessary add some more vegetable broth;
- now put it in the fridge and wait;
- wait some more!
- take it out and put it into small recipients, grate some cheese on top;
- take out the blow-torch and melt the cheese on top.