India, I’m here. Not that I think what I’m cooking is what you really get when you’re over there. But I’d like to think it’s close enough. Been cooking Indian food for a few days now and I’ve noticed something: you really can’t rush it. Mise-en-place is very important, as remembering the marinating time, that some dishes need (some recipes for vindaloo require 12 hours, or overnight). This one here, only requires 4 hours, so still manageable… I think.
- chicken breast
- chickpea flour
- sweet paprika
- white cumin
- chili powder
- garam masala
- tomato paste
- lemon juice and yoghurt
- cut the chicken breast into fine stripes or bitesize chunks;
- put in the blender: all the other ingredients but the whole lemon and blizz;
- marinate the chicken four about 4 hours;
- cook on the grill or in the oven dabbing it whit the rest of the marinade;
- serve with pappadums and pieces of lemon.