A very long time ago (believe me, a VERY long time ago) my parents took me for the first time in a chinese restaurant. All was different and new. I had (I remember it as if it was yesterday) beef with mushrooms, bamboo shoots and oyster sauce and fried rice. A classic :-). One that I tried to recreate with a little twist the other day. The ingredients are all here, just presented in another way.
- a lean piece of beef
- sheets of rice paper
- oyster sauce
- spring onion
- cut the meat into fine slices and leave it to marinate with the oyster sauce (ideally a couple of hours);
- cut the mushrooms and the spring onions into thin slices as well and put them aside;
- on a sheet of rice paper put 1 or 2 pieces of beef (depending on how small you want the nibble to be); a little bit of mushroom and a little bit of spring onion;
- close the roll and cook it;
- serve it with soy sauce on the side, sprinkled with a little bit of spring onion.