For this spoon I was inspired by another recipe I found in a book, it involved shrimps. Here, I used duck instead and it worked as good as with the shrimps (totally different taste though). But I think this one’ll be one of the last thai-influenced recipes for a while (even though I love thai so much), but I want to try other things, and so I’m heading for India :-).
- duck breast
- shiitake (I used the dry ones, because they yeald more flavour)
- dry sherry
- soy sauce
- ground nut oil
- spring onions
- If you’re using the dried shiitake soak them in warm water;
- take away the skin from the duck breast and cut it into thin slices;
- cut the mushrooms into stripes;
- in a pan, heat a little bit of oil, add the meat and let it cook for a moment and then add the mushrooms;
- deglaze with some dry sherry and add the soy sauce;
- season to taste;
- put on the spoon and decorate with some finely sliced spring onion green.