So. This is one I made earlier. It’s the soup I served on the 24th of december. I already tested it before and also published on the blog, but it was a little bit different. Less posh. Can I say that? This one has morels, and they cost me a fortune, and they weren’t even fresh. I had to buy the dry ones. Nevertheless, it was a brilliant soup! Next time I only have to add a little bit of a special black pepper from near home and it’ll be perfect.
- sweet corn
- vegetable broth
- white wine
- flat leave parsley
- take the morels and put them in a bowl with some milk, it’ll take the sand and bitterness away; leave them to soak;
- take the sweet corn off the cob and put it in a pot with some vegetable broth and bring to the boil;
- once the corn is cooked blizz it and sieve it;
- return to the pot, add some cream and season to taste;
- once the morels are rehydrated, chop them and cook them in a pan with a little bit of oil and butter;
- add some white wine and let the wine reduce;
- add the flat leave parsley and season;
- serve the soup with some black pepper sprinkled on top.