Here comes something for those with a little bit of a sweet tooth. It’s not too sweet, it doesn’t stuck on the roof of your mouth, and it doesn’t take ages to prepare… it took more time to cook than to actually prepare it. I had also my usual bunch of little helpers, so, this can also be a fun activity to do on a rainy day.
- ground almonds
- brown sugar
- vanilla paste
- first of all melt some butter, and peel and grate the apples and have all the ingredients ready because the dough has to be used immediatly after being taken out of the fridge;
- spread out the first sheet of dough and brush it with some butter, and do so for all 4 sheets of dough;
- sprinkle the ground almonds, the apples on top of them, the sultanas, the brown sugar ans some cinnamon;
- brush the ends with some beaten egg and roll it;
- brush also the top and cook in the oven at 220 ° for about 20 min.
- put the cream and a teaspoon of vanilla paste in the whipped cream maker, add the gas;
- once cooked serve a slice of strudel with some whipped cream and a little sprinkling of cinnamon on top.