So, a couple of weeks ago we had this “preview” of a summer… a couple of days of sun and mild (let’s not overstretch it, it’s far from being hot and being able to sip on a cocktail while laying on a chaiselongue) temperatures. And fan of grilled food as we are, I wanted to try something new other than simply grilled squid (which I love, by the way). And remembering that you also have to have your veggies I added a warm grilled cherry tomatoes salad.
- cherry tomatoes
- corn (polenta flour)
- lemon (whole), plus lemon zest
- flat leave parsley
- olive oil
- in a bowl put some polenta flour, season it with salt and pepper;
- add some lemon zest and some chopped flat leave parsley;
- cut the squid into strips and coat them with the seasoned polenta flour;
- put the cherry tomatoes on the grill, along with the squid, but cook them separately;
- once cooked, cut the tomatoes in half, and season them with a drizzle of olive oil, salt&pepper and some flat leave parsley;
- put the squid on top and some lemon wedges on the side.