Stuffed meatballs are nothing new. I used to do them a lot a while ago, also some very decadent with meat stuffed meatballs (veeeery decadent indeed). I had a little bit of ground beef left and I thought, why not make meatballs again? and, as “With cheddar, it all gets better”, I thought to stuff them with this lovely cheese.
- ground beef (or beef mixed with pork)
- lemon zest
- first of all you grate the cheese, chop some rosemary and some chillies and mix them together, forming some little balls;
- then you prepare the meatballs, mixing the meat with some lemon zest, breadcrumbs, rosemary, salt&pepper, an egg (or part of an egg, depending on how much meat you have) and some more chillies;
- you take a dollup of meat, pat it in your hand, add the little cheeseball in the middle and close it, making sure that you don’t see any of the cheese;
- after that you coat the meatballs in flour, egg (beaten egg with some water) and breadcrumbs and you fry them.