It’s hot, really. Sometimes it happens even here and we get something called “hourly summer”: the one hour you’re gasping for cool air, the next you’re looking for a sweather and taking out the umbrella (once more). But sometimes you get lucky and it’s hot around 5 o’clock and you get to prepare a nibble or a starter (depending on the quantities served) that is cool and refreshing and light.
- mint leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- onions (red for more color)
- zest and juice of a lemon
- olive oil
- in a bowl put some chickpeas (I used half a can, and yes, I use canned chickpeas), add the chopped tomatoes, onionsthe spring onions and chillies and mint leaves;
- add the juice and the zest of a lemon, add the olive oil;
- season with maldon salt and black pepper.