It was hubby’s birthday and tiramisù is his favourite dessert. As I asked him what he would like to have, he went all Puss in boots and made biiiig biiig eyes and asked for tiramisù… I just could not say no 😉 On the other hand, one has to say that it is also a fairly quick dessert to do, you just have to remember to prepare it a day in advance to let it set and to add the cocoa powder just right before serving, otherwise it’ll get wet from the cream below.
- 2 boxes of savoiardi biscuits (ladyfingers)
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- about 10 soup-spoons of cognac
- 4 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 1 cup of coffee
- cocoa powder
- prepare the coffee and add half of the cognac and let it rest;
- separate the eggs, beat the whites with a pinch of salt and put it in the fridge;
- beat the yolks with the sugar until creamy, add the rest of the cognac and the mascarpone cheese and mix to smooth out all the lumps;
- add and fold in the egg whites
- put a first layer of biscuits in a rectangular pie dish (it’s easier and you’ll have to cut less biscuits to form it), and put a spoonful of coffee on each of them, then add the cream and smooth it out;
- continue with the layers until reaching the top of the dish, cover it with clean film and put it in the fridge to set;
- before serving dust the top with cocoa powder.