What is this? East meets West? Or just another Asian-style-pretending soup with a little twist (aka prosciutto)? I’ll leave that up to you. In fact, it was tasty, quick to make and really interesting. It combined different textures, from the crunchiness of the prosciutto, cooked in a pan without oil, to the firm meat of the fish, to the soft consistence of the shiitake mushrooms. It’s a little bit hot too… I don’t think I could have a soup this style without chilli in it… ok, I’m addicted, so what?
- coconut milk
- vegetable stock
- soy sauce & fish sauce
- cut the monkfish into bite-sized pieces, put some vegetable stock in a pot and heat it;
- add the coconut milk, a splash of soy sauce and a splash of fish sauce;
- add the fish, the mushrooms, the chopped coriander and the chopped chilli (for this one I used a jalapeño)
- heat a pan and cook the prosciutto;
- assemble the soup putting the prosciutto on top.