Back from 2 weeks of high temperatures, sea and good southern Italian food I come here and find rain and cold. The chimney is on, the wood is burning. I’m in need of something that warms one up from the inside. So, here a little nibble (accompanied by a salad it could be a nice starter) to start off a hearty meal on a sunday evening.
- cold polenta (best if from the day before)
- spring onions
- black pepper
- olive oil
- cut the cooked polenta into squares about 1,5 cm thick;
- lay them on a tray and brush them with olive oil;
- on top put some chopped ham and spring onion, grate some cheddar on top of it;
- bake them in the oven until a crust is formed and serve.