Apples are available all year round, but right now, we’re being flooded, there are all sorts and colours. Anything from sweet to acidic to really sour :-). For this recipe I chose apples slightly acidic, because they’ll go better with the quark and they’ll make the desert not all too sweet.
- lemon juice
- vanilla paste
- peel the apples and take out the core, cut them into rounds;
- put them in a bowl and sprinkle some lemon juice on top to prevent them from browning;
- in another bowl prepare a batter with eggs, milk, flour, sugar and a pinch of salt (the consistency should be that of a thick cream);
- put the apples in the batter and shallow fry them in a pan, once cooked take them out and let them rest on a piece of kitchen paper;
- add some sugar on top;
- prepare a sauce with quark and vanilla paste;
- decorate the dish with some cinnamon.