Actually I’m not really a fan of liver… that might be because I had to eat those hideous liver meat balls with broth as a child “because they’re so good for you” ah-ha…. *rolls her eyes and looks annoyed*. Anyway, with time I discovered that I can have liver again (I happen to absolutely love foie gras, but who doesn’t?) just not pure (such as slices flash fried, e.g.). And I also happen to love chicken liver mousse or paté, this time it’s a mousse.
- chicken liver
- gelatine sheets
- soak the gelatine sheets in cold water;
- clean the cicken livers, melt some butter in a pan, add one or two crushed cloves of garlic and two sprigs of thyme;
- add the chicken livers and when they’re almost cooked add the cognac, let it evaporate and take the pan from the heat;
- put the livers (without the garlic and the thyme) in a blender, adding some cream and blizz it;
- take one spoon of it and mix it with the gelatine, adding all of it back with the rest;
- pour in a bowl and leave it to set;
- prepare a salad with coloured leaves and adding some shredded beet and serve with some fresh baguette.