So long october, see ya next year. It’s incredible how fast it went by… thanks also to the holidays, spent in a warm place, once I came back I wasn’t ready for all this cold and rainy stuff. But, as it is, one gets used to it. Time for a little treat for your soul. Something sweet, but not too much, something just right as it is.
- gelatine sheets
- vanilla paste
- salt (just a pinch)
- first of all you’ll have to soak the gelatine sheets (3x) in some cold water for 5 minutes;
- in the meantime, put (for 4 portions) 3dl of cream and 1 of milk in a pot with a teaspoon of vanilla paste and a soup spoon of sugar;
- once it comes to the boil take it from the flame, and put in the sheets and mix well to dissolve them;
- pour them into little containers and leave them to cool for 20 minutes, and after that put them into the fridge to set for at least 6 hours;
- once you’re ready to serve the dessert, wash and peel some pears (leaving one aside with the skin on), cut them into small cubes and put them in a pan with some butter;
- heat, add some sugar and a pinch of salt and cook until a little bit tender and serve.