The piece of beef looked sooooo inviting, so just you-can’t-possibly-leave-me-on-the-shelf kind of way that, even though it was a little bit too big, I had to buy it. Slowly cooked for hours in the oven, it just melts in your mouth, and it stays that way the day after too ;-), that’s when I prepared this little nibble. Just add a little bit of crunch for contrast and there it is.
- red peppers
- spring onion
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- coarse mustard
- maldon salt
- black pepper
- slice the meat very thinly and plate it;
- on the side peel and deseed the tomatoes, and cut them in very small cubes;
- do the same with the red pepper assuring that you end up with equal quantities;
- mix the tomato and the pepper cubes in a bowl, along with finely chopped spring onion and rosemary;
- prepare a citronette with some olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt&pepper and add it to the chopped vegetables;
- serve with the meat on the side.