This is one of the last non-light nibbles that I’ll see in a long time. The scales finally got hold of me shaking the finger. It’s time to diet. But this last one… and maybe a couple of others before trying to be inventive with less caloric food. It’s a very simple nibble, just some pastry, some duxelled mushrooms and herbs and that’s it.
- fillo pastry (or strudel)
- cream cheese
- flat leave parsley
- olive oil
- prepare the pastry by brushing it with some olive oil and putting another sheet on top (in the end 3 layers) and cut to size;
- peel the mushrooms and put them in the blender along with some shallots and some flat leave parsley;
- mix it with cream cheese and season to taste;
- pipe a finger-long&wide portion on the pastry, close it on both ends by folding them towards the middle and roll, brush with some more olive oil;
- cook in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes at 180 °C.