Last week I was talking about the short period of summer we had… Well this recipe was born on a rainy day. Again, it was grey and damp and not very actually booooooooooring… The children were sensing the weather as well and were aiming again at each others’ throats, and so, in an attempt to pacify and calm down the situation we made these muffins together. For these muffins I used the standard recipe you can find here.
- 200g flour
- 190g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- about 100ml of elderflower syrup
- 50g butter
- pinch of salt
- 125g redcurrant
- 1 bag baking powder
- and some more syrup and icing sugar for the icing
- mix all the dry and the wet ingredients separately and then combine;
- adding the redcurrants at the end (toss them with some flour first, so they won’t all sink to the bottom of your cupcakes);
- bake for about 15-20 min. at 180 °C;
- once cooled decorate with some elderflower syrup icing.