Seems like everytime the wheather goes a little bit cold I recreate the heat with the oven. A couple of days the temperatures dropped to a lovely warm (as opposed to blazing hot) and I have to sweat again, and so I turn on the oven (silly me). Anyway. In the attempt trying not to waste the aubergines I got some time ago I decided to bake one of them and all the rest was work in progress 😉 … I was told that it doesn’t look very pretty.. oh what the heck! I was told it looked bad, but I assure you, it tastes wonderful!
- coriander leaves
- coriander seeds
- white cumin
- chilli powder
- sour milk (or crème fraîche depending on the calories you’re allowed)
- cook the pricked aubergines in a hot oven until tender (that’ll take about 30 minutes at 220 °C);
- peel it and mush it with a fork;
- ground some white cumin, add it to the aubergine along with some cardamom and some coriander;
- add a little bit of chilli powder for a little bit of heat;
- add a clove of garlic, the chopped coriander and mix whith a little bit of sour milk, season and serve.