I’ve decided that I’ve stayed away from Indian food for too long. Still, I wanted something that wouldn’t settle on my hips (after all, I’m on a diet, sort of at the moment, from January, want to keep up). Plus I was curious to finally try paneer. I wasn’t so sure about the consistency, in fact, I thought it’ll be a less firmer than it was. This nibble needs a little bit of planning ahead: not that there’s much to do, but you need to leave the cheese to rest and to dry a little bit.
- whole milk (500ml for the portion shown in the picture)
- 2 spoons of lemon luice
- lime juice
- heat the milk until it reaches a soft boil, add the lemon juice and leave it on the heat until the milk separated;
- pour the content of the pot in a strainer and rince briefly under cold water;
- put the now-soft-cheese into a cloth, press out excess liquid, close the cloth and put it in a bowl covered with a heavy preserve (or similar) to add weight in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours (better overnight);
- slice the tomatoes and cut the chillies, mix on a serving dish, add the chopped coriander;
- add some olive oil and lime juice;
- add the sliced paneer on top and season with freshly ground cumin and pepper.