I found this recipe whilst going after one of my addictions. Watching episodes of this and that on youtube, in this case it was ad episode of “on the table” by chef Eric Ripert. I was fashinated by his challenge. He had to prepare dishes that would go perfectly with some wines presented by his sommellier. One of these was this rillette with salmon. Something I had to recreate. At all cost. Somehow. Someway.
- fresh salmon
- smoked salmon
- white wine
- spring onion
- sour milk
- briefly poach the fresh salmon in some white wine with some shallots;
- as soon as the salmon changed its color take it out and mash it with a fork;
- put it in a bowl along with some chopped smoked salmon;
- add chopped spring onion and mayonnaise and sour milk;
- seasomn to taste and serve with some toasted bread.