I found this recipe on Youtube, while watching an episode of No Reservations (the Holiday special, ) and, seriously, is there any other better way to start New Year’s Eve supper than with such a beauty? Is there? It’s just perfect. No more needs to be said.
- parsley (flat leave, but there was none left when I got to the supermarket)
- lemon juice
- cook the marrow until done (and keep a watchful eye on those bones, you wouldn’t want the fat to render);
- “discipline” the parsley, so chop it only a very little bit;
- slice the shallots very finely and add to the bowl with the parsley;
- add a little bunch of capers;
- add the lemon juice (you want to wait with that until the bonemarrow is cooked);
- take out the marrow from the bone and spread onto crusty bread, add a little bit of seasalt (I used maldon) and a little bit of the salad and enjoy.