I’ve been wondering lately about sauces used in other countries. And this sauce has come up a lot. So I was just curios… And I tried to combine different elements. A kind of asiany short braised cured pork belly with europeany sautéed chanterelles and a South American sauce and here is the result.
- cured pork belly
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- flat leave parsley
- chilli flakes
- dried oregano
- white wine
- prepare the chimichurri sauce in advance, because it’s even bettere on the second day;
- roughly chop the parsley and put it in a blender with garlic, dried oregano, vinegar, chilli flakes, salt&pepper blizz, and drizzle the olive oil;
- shortly boil the cured pork belly and cut it into smaller chuncks;
- in a pan heat some olive oil, add some sugar and briefly sautée the pork, deglaze with soy sauce and put aside to cool down;
- sautée the chanterelles in a little bit of olive oil, add the wine and once it has evaporated add a small cube of very cold butter and stir;
- serve all together.