So, now that it’s “The season” there are a lot of events coming up. Stuff that involve a lot of eating and a lot of cooking. So why not being able to do some work in advance so that on that day you’ll only need to do last minute stuff? This is a perfect example. You prepare the bread in advance, hell you can even freeze it. You can prepare the stuffing in advance. The only thing you’ll have to do on the day (or the evening before) is to actually stuff the bread.
- 500g flou8r
- 3/4 spoon salt
- 20g fresh yeast
- 60g butter
- 3dl milk, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- egg (beaten)
- cream cheese
- smoked salmon
- smoked ham
- mix all the ingredients up to the egg (not included) and prepare a dough that’ll have to raise for at least 1 1/2 hours (or double in size);
- after that you’ll place the dough in a tin (I used a 8inch/20cm round) and leave to raise for another 30 minutes and just before baking it brush the top with the beaten egg;
- bake it at 200 °C for about 35 minutes and take out to cool;
- leave overnight in the fridge, wrappend in clean film (it’ll help with the cutting);
- cut, spread the slices with butter and add smoked salmon and with cream cheese and add smoked ham or camembert.