Instead of meatballs this time it’s aubergine balls! They’re very tasty and, I must say, rather addictive… maybe because of the cheddar inside? 😉 The recipe requires a little bit more time than my usual standard because you need to boil the aubergine first before being able to start making the balls. But it’s still very easy to prepare (and it’s fried, I’m no nasty!).
- grated cheese
- spring onion
- bread crumbs
- peel and dice the aubergine, boil it for at least 5 minutes, take out and leave to cool completely;
- press out all the water, the drier it gets, the better (!), mix in a bowl with some grated cheese and some bread, that you previoulsy soaked in water and pressed it out again;
- mix in the egg, season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley and spring onion;
- form little balls with a cube of cheddar in the center;
- roll in bread crumbs and fry.