In fact it is a simple cupcake, with some rich chocolate ganache on top and a little bit of fancy gold spray. Nothing more than that. As for the other post with the white chocolate ganache, I used the recipe of the fabulous Elise from MyCupcakeAddiction on Youtube.
- 190g flour
- 200g sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 150ml milk
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
- 600g dark chocolate
- 300g cream
- first of all you ought to prepare the ganache, because it needs time to cool down and to set, otherwise you won’t be able to pipe it; so chop up your dak chocolate and put it in a microwavable container along with the cream and melt it in 1 minute bursts, whisking for 30 seconds in between (mine was ready after something over 3 minutes, I think), put some cleanfilm on top and leave to cool;
- prepare the cupcakes (I did minicupcakes this time) by mixing separately the wet and the dry ingredients and combining them;
- pour the mix in a lined tin and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180 °C, take out and leave to cool completely;
- now it’s time to practice your swirl: put the ganache in a piping bag and use a round tip (or another….) and make a “squish-and-lift” movement;
- at last, give your cupcake a gold shimmer with some edible gold spray.