Promises were made. And here I keep ’em. This was a concoction of leftovers (great leftovers though). The day before the latest gadget was used for the first time. We had our first piece of smoked meat. With it some fresh focaccia and along with it a lemon aïoli. All of that I used again for this grilled focaccia.
- garlic powder
- sunflower seeds oil
- maldon salt
- lemon juice
- first you prepare the rub and massage the meat with it;
- smoke the meat until cooked and taste it a first time 😉 ;
- prepare the focaccia by mixing flour, salt, sugar, yeast, warm water and a splash of olive oil, let raise for 1 h, smooth it out on the baking tray, add some olive oil on top and a sprinkle of maldon salt and then bake at 210 °C for 15-20 minutes;
- and the aïoli, mix equal quantities of mayo and crème fraîche and add a sprinkle of lemon juice and a crushed clove of garlic;
- slice the focaccia in half, slice the meat very thinly, spread the aïoli on both sides, put a layer of sliced meat, add the sliced shallot and the sliced pecorino on top and put in the toaster and eat as hot as you can.