I’ve seen this recipe FOR DAYS in my Facebook feed, alwasy from other sources. So I thought I might as well give it a try. I happened to have some apples left… I just needed the puff pastry and was ready to go.
- quince jelly
- puff pastry
- lemon juice
- icing sugar
- core the apple, cut it in half and slice thinly;
- put in a bowl with some water and the juice of half a lemon, microwave for 3 minutes;
- cut the puff pastry into strips (I ended up cutting mine in half – horizzontally, and then divide it into 6 strips each half, vertically), spread the pastry with some quince jelly diluted in water (ratio 3:2 water and jelly);
- add a “fan” of apple slices on the pastry, so that half of the apple would not touch the pastry (it’s more difficult to describe it than to actually do it);
- press the lower half of the pastry on the apples and roll, very, VERY (I mean it) cautiosly together and put in a previously greased muffin tray;
- cook for 30-45 minutes in a preheated oven at 190°C and serve with some vanilla ice and a dusting of icing sugar and ground cinnamon.