I bet you wouldn’t mind eating the seeds out of this pumpkin 😉 Seriosly, this one looks a lot complicated, but in fact, it just needs time to prepare. First the cupcakes, then the buttercream, the holing out of the cupcake and so on… but, really. Not. Difficult.
- 250g flour
- 190g sugar
- baking powder
- vanilla paste
- 50g butter
- 150ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- vanilla extract
- prepare the batter as usual, creaming the butter with the sugar, adding the eggs, and then salt, flour, baking powder, vanilla paste, food coloring, cardamom and milk;
- cook in the preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes and leave out to cool completely;
- while cooling you can get on preparing the frosting and I follow MyCupcakeAddiction’s recipe: cream the butter alone for 5 minutes and then start adding the icing sugar, mixing each time for 2 minutes, at 3/4 of the icing sugar having gone in the mixture add the vanilla paste, the food coloring and the milk;
- make a hole at the center of the cupcake and slice the top so that you can close the cupcake once you’ve put in the smarties, add the smarties and close;
- frost the cupcake and decorate with a little bit of fondant to make it look like a pumpkin.