These cupcakes have been made for school break. They’re lemon flavoured and have a cream cheese frosting, so not the usual chocolate and vanilla.
- 190g sugar
- 250g flour
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 50g butter
- baking powder
- lemon zest and juice
- 125g butter
- 125g cream cheese
- 5 cups icing sugar (not sifted)
- prepare the batter as usual, mixing the butter, sugar, and eggs, adding the flour and milk;
- cook for ca. 15 min. at 180°C and leave to cool;
- prepare the frosting by beating the butter and the cream cheese together for 5 minutes, and then add the sifted sugar in thirds, beating it for 2 min. each time, at the end add a little bit of lemon juice, if the frosting gets too thick;
- pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and decorate with some sugar sprinkles.