I should stop watching all these clips by Tasty on Facebook. Here my take at their churro recipe.
- 140g flour
- sugar (2 TBS)
- lemon zest
- 120g butter
- 1 TBS vanilla paste
- 3 eggs
- 300ml boiling water
- mix flour into a large bowl, with a salt, sugar and the zest of one lemon;
- in a pot with 300 ml of boiling water add vanilla paste and butter, heat until the butter is melted;
- once it’s boiling again take the pot from the heat and add the flour mixture, beat until lump free and cool for 5 minutes;
- beat in the 3 eggs one by one and leave again to cool (10-15 min);
- put the mixture in the piping bag with a star tip and pipe the churros into hot oil cutting the string with scissors, and cook until golden brown;
- drain and roll in cinnamon sugar and serve.