Another birthday came and went and this is what I brought to the office for the occasion. Mini cupcakes (one bite, no mess) filled with homemade strawberry, mango and limezest jam and topped with lemon balm (also homemade) buttercream.
- 190g sugar
- 250g flour
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter
- 150ml milk
- baking powder
- vanilla paste
- strawberry, mango and limezest jam
- icing sugar
- lemon balm sirup
- prepare the cupcakes as usual, cook them in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, leave them to cool;
- with a round small cookie cutter, cut out a hole but leave the crustpiece back (you’ll need it to close the cupcake again);
- add the jam, close the cupcake;
- prepare the buttercream, instead of using milk, add the lemon balm sirup, pipe your swirl and ready they are.