Did I mention the word diet last week? Calories control? OMG I bitched each and every gram that I lost last week. Nevertheless, back in the kitchen for some awesome cupcakes. I had the idea at the grocery store and had to make myself a memo on the phone to remember (yeah, I know… pathetic). So, thank to the memo to self I remembered to take out the butter in time, prepare the ganache in the morning and everything was ready for afternoon tea.
- 190g sugar
- 200g flour
- 60g cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter
- 150ml milk
- 70ml cream
- 150 dark chocolate
- candied cherries
- prepare the ganache by microwaving the chocolate with the cream in short blasts and whisking it;
- prepare the batter and bake the cupcakes at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, leave to cool completely;
- have some dark chokolate and beat the remaining of the cream;
- make a hole in the cupcake, ad a spoon of the liquid of the cherries, add half a cherry and a spoon of ganache and cover;
- pipe some whipped cream on top, decorate with the shaved chocolate and add a cherry on top (how apt 😉 ).