I know, valentine was 2 weeks ago. Sorry I’m late with the recipe, I had to go on vacation. A much needed one. But you don’t need valentine’s day to make these brownies, right?
- 50 g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 1 ts vanilla paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 75g flour
- 100g mixed nuts (walnuts and almonds)
- 2 large meringues
- icing sugar
- melt the butter in a pot, add the chocolate and stir, let cool down;
- mix the sugar, the eggs, vanilla paste and the salt until it becomes lighter in colour;
- add the butter/chocolate mix, the flour, the coarsely chopped nuts and the crushed meringues;
- pour in a lined and buttered tin and bake for 20 minutes at 189°C, take out leave to cool a moment, cut when still warm and leave in the tin to cool completely;
- take out and dust with icing sugar.