I promised my next post wouldn’t be about any fried foods, and I try to keep my promises, so here it is. A small tasty salad with – yet again – fresh foods and recycled ones :-). This dish contains also a pesto made by a friend of mine (I wasn’t able to get that much wild garlic to prepare it myself). I’d like to think the same salad could be prepared with shrimp tails.
- grilled onions
- mixed salad leaves
- wild garlic pesto
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- vegetable stock
- wash the mixed salad leaves and put them aside to dry;
- heat the grillpan and cook the scallops;
- prepare the salad sauce by mixing olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chicken stock,
- prepare the dish by putting the grilled onions first, then the salad leaves, then the scallops and then a spoon of wild garlic pesto;
- drizzle the salad sauce and season with maldon salt and black pepper.